Since its formation in 1995, Procare Construction has grown into an established main and principal contractor, undertaking projects ranging in value from £100,000 to £7.5 million across all industry sectors.
With their considerable experience, our construction team are able to deliver multifaceted projects, embracing the philosophy of safe, sustainable and considerate construction.
We like to work in collaboration with our clients to build strong lines of communication essential in developing a thorough understanding of specific requirements and constraints that can affect the safe and timely delivery of projects.
While embracing our corporate and social responsibilities, we value open and trusting relationships between client and contractor and aspire to work with clients of a like mind.
Health and Safety
Health and safety remains at the core of our business and operations. Within the Procare Group, every individual is coached and trained to achieve continuous improvement in awareness and competency and to drive out risk and danger from their operations.
Training in health, safety and environmental management is driven by director involvement and managed within the business. It is administered internally through dedicated staff and membership or accreditation to Altius, British Safety Council, CHAS, Constructionline, Safe4site, Safecontractor and the Environment Agency.
The company holds accreditations for quality, BS EN ISO 9001:2008 and environment, BS EN ISO 14001:2004, with OHSAS 18001 anticipated in 2017. Individually, the management team and senior staff hold appropriate RICS, CIOB and health and safety qualifications and the company retains all principal certifications including Gas Safe and NICEIC membership.
Procare embrace the importance of sustainable development. As a company we are committed to our ISO 14001 certification, exercising best practice of practical and reasonable sustainable construction initiatives. Our approach is to:
- Reduce our energy usage and carbon emissions both on-site and at our offices, through investment in improved energy efficient machinery, vehicles and building materials
- Embrace a sustainable waste management system on all our operations
- Encourage the use of environmentally efficient materials
- Reduce the use of raw materials, actively promoting the use of recycled materials and carefully planning the selection and usage of resources
- Reduce water usage in the construction process
- Work with our supply chain and subcontractors to reduce the environmental impact of their products, activities and transportation through a selection and procurement policy
- Actively reduce levels of transportation through specifically designing our earthworks to achieve a balance, thereby reducing the necessity for on-site/off-site transport of materials
- Monitor our carbon footprint, setting targets to enable overall annual reductions.
Corporate and Social Responsibility
Procare is committed to the principles and practices of corporate and social responsibility. These principles and practices are embedded within all of our existing policies, systems and processes for the benefit of both staff and the wider community.
As a company, we are aware of the importance of our role in supporting the local communities in which we work. We operate a transparent and ethical trading policy, seeking to make a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate. Working closely with our clients, we seek to maximise the recruitment of local labour and suppliers, providing training to increase the opportunity for further long term employment.
Our corporate and social responsibility performance is regularly monitored and reviewed by Directors and Senior Managers against our policies on an annual basis.